Consultation Process on Civil Society Sector “New Era in Civil Society Supports: The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) III” Guide for Participation
Who are we?
Support for civil society development was identified as a sub-sector under the “Democracy and Governance” sector within the scope of the IPA II (2014-2020). The Ministry of Foreign Affairs-Directorate for EU Affairs is the “Lead Institution” of the civil society sub-sector, with a mandate for the programming and monitoring of the activities under this sector. Objectives of the civil society sub-sector are: Supporting the development of civil society through more active democratic participation in policy and decision-making processes; promoting a culture of fundamental rights and dialogue; enhancing civil society dialogue and intercultural exchange between civil societies in Turkey and the EU.
What do we ask of the CSOs?
The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) III is now being launched, and it will be implemented between 2021 and 2027. Within this period, relevant actions of all candidate countries will be programmed and performed under four IPA windows, which are as below:
Window 1: Rule of Law, Fundamental Rights and Democracy
- Judiciary and Rule of Law – Ministry of Justice
- Fundamental Rights and Democracy – Directorate for EU Affairs
- Home Affairs, Migration and Security – Ministry of Interior
- Civil Society – Directorate for EU Affairs
Window 2: Good Governance, Compliance with Acquis, Strategic Communication and Good Neighbourly Relations
- Good Governance – Directorate for EU Affairs
- Compliance with Acquis – Directorate for EU Affairs
- Strategic Communication – Directorate for EU Affairs
Window 3: Green Agenda and Sustainable Connectivity
- Environmental Protection and Climate Change – Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Transportation – Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
- Energy – Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources
- Digital Economy and Society – Ministry of Industry and Technology
Window 4: Competitiveness and Inclusive Growth
- Education, Employment, Social Protection, Social Inclusion and Health – Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services
- Enhancing Private Sector, Trade, Research and Development – Ministry of Industry and Technology
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development – Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Civil society related actions are considered under Window 1, and projects of public institutions regarding civil society will be reviewed within this scope.
The Directorate for EU Affairs is inviting civil society organizations to take part in IPA III programming through contributing to this consultation. This action is a part of Directorate for EU Affairs’ efforts to enhance the participatory programming of EU funding towards civil society development in Turkey in scıope of the upcoming IPA III period.
How can you participate?
You can participate in this consultation process for IPA III Programming in four ways:
- By participating in the online information meeting to be organized by Directorate for EU Affairs on July 2, 2020, at 15.00, you can get information about initial actions planned for the first phase of the IPA III period and send us your questions. To register for the information meeting, visit www.siviltoplumsektoru.org and register the system from http://actioevents.com/#/pages/eventdetail/24
- Several surveys have been designed on the prospective projects for the civil society sector in the scope of the IPA III. Through these surveys, opinions of CSOs’ will be obtained with regards to the initial project concepts of Directorate for EU Affairs, Directorate General of Foundations, Ministry of National Education, Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Union of Municipalities of Turkey, The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey, Yunus Emre Institute and UNDP Turkey. You can send us your feedback by filling out the surveys, the links published on www.siviltoplumsektoru.org. The surveys will remain open for contributions until 18:00 on July 2, 2020.
If you are unable to use the online surveys for sharing your input, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Besides the online surveys, you can send us emails to share your opinions and recommendations on the proposed project concepts or the IPA III in general as well as the participation of CSOs in the IPA III programming process. Please send your emails to the designated email address for consultations: email@example.com.
- In case you are a part of any CSO networks and platforms; you can discuss the project concepts considered for the initial phase of the IPA III, you can form a joint opinion and share with us as an input for the consultation process. In case you need our support for informing your network or platform members in the discussion meeting, write to us from firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can share the information and documents you may need before and during your discussion.
We paid particular attention to prepare all documents in accessible formats. If you need further assistance, please contact us via email@example.com.
The consultation period for IPA III programming will last four weeks. The consultation calendar is as follows:
- July 2 2020: Information meeting on IPA III consultation
- July 2 2020: Launching surveys prepared within the scope of IPA III consultation
- July 24 2020: Deadline for filling out the surveys
- July 28 2020: Deadline for sending emails to tell us your opinions and recommendations on the proposed actions and IPA III in general
- August 18 2020: Publication of the summary report on the contributions of CSOs participated in the consultation process
Once you fill out the online surveys or send us emails to share your opinions and recommendations on the IPA III in the scope of the consultation process, you will get an automatic message of receipt of your contribution.
Directorate for EU Affairs will publish a report outlining the contributions of the CSOs and overall results of the consultation process on August 18, 2020, on www.siviltoplumsektoru.org. If you have any views regarding the report when it is published, you can contact us from firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, you can send us your opinions regarding the consultation implemented by Directorate for EU Affairs at any time. Directorate for EU Affairs will take your views into account in future consultation processes.